Tuesday 12 April 2016

Reflective Blog

Activity 8.2

The reason I came to EIT was to study a GradDip in IT, having been in the work place for over 15 years, I felt I need a new challenge and hopefully the start of a new career.

Digital Learning Tech was the first paper I chose to study whilst working full time. This paper has been the most enlightening course I have been on. I studied for a BA (Hons) Business degree in UK from 1999-2002 and so much has changed since my time at University.

I have learnt so much and been exposed to so many new bits of new technology I never knew existed (that is what happens when you work full time, you become engrossed in your work and not what is going on in the world). I had had no experience at Blogging, apart from following a few friends who travelled across the US. I only ever knew Wikipedia existed, not WikiCommons, WikiEducator. I learnt Google has the answer to most questions, courses, training, youtube videos.

I have really enjoyed interacting with other students, young and same age to learn from their experiences and pass on knowledge of my experiences. I thoroughly enjoyed the PLN lecture with Joyce, it made me realise I need to look more into my personal network (and not just Facebook).

The course had engaged my thinking and thoughts about a future career, as I have always been creating notes and guides on how to run reports, I am really keen to start focusing more on that part of IT I really enjoy.

I think this course has a big future, as someone in employment I believe it would be nice to have maybe a guest speaker from a organisation who could give an insight to the digital learning they provide to their organisation.
Thank you Michael for you guidance and knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment